Sunday, July 14, 2013

A Good Thing

This one actually took 10 minutes and concentration for me to find the downside: My daughter cleans up after me.

Well, not really after me. She just put something where she thought it was supposed to go, and she was right. Once again, last night, her diaper leaked. We need to go up a size, but we still have the 3s to get through first. When she woke up, I took the full diaper off her, cleaned her up, and took her back to bed with me. I forgot about the diaper, left out on the floor.

Three hours later, I finally decide to put a new liner in the diaper pail (as it has sat empty for two days now; when I take it out, there's still room in the resealable bag, so I've just been taking diapers to the trash can and slipping them in the already-full diaper bag there). Opening up the front door of the pail, I find a small pile of dry diapers in it--on top of the fat wet one from this morning, folded over on itself. Diapers go in the diaper pail, duh.

So what's the downside? If she keeps this up, I'm afraid I'll fall into a habit of letting her clean up everything, and then I'll turn into a lazy slob. Yeah, I know it's reaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment